POSITION: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 (Contract renewal based on performance)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time Annual – 30 Hours Weekly
COMPENSATION: $20.00 – $25.00 Per Hour, Based on Experience
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will engage with and oversee targeted and strategic marketing and communications initiatives made on behalf of the Salt Lake City Arts Council (SLCAC) and our associated projects, programs, and strategic partners.
This position will be responsible for the following efforts under the direction of the Assistant Director.
- Develop and Manage Media Partnerships and Sponsorships.
- Develop and maintain media relationships with key media partners.
- Draft press releases, blog posts, and other relevant materials.
- Draft thoughtful and appropriate media pitches to support promotion and engagement.
- Drive awareness and growth for all SLCAC projects and programs.
- Manage media relations, including targeted outreach, interview prep, press kits, talking points, and associated follow-up.
- Coordinate all on-site press engagement for SLCAC projects and programs including media coverage, press interviews, social media promotions and campaigns, photography & video coverage.
- Develop, Manage and Maintain Marketing & Communications Plan(s).
- Working with the Assistant Director, develop and manage marketing and communications budget for all SLCAC projects and programs.
- Develop and execute a communications plan(s) with strong focus on deliverables, quality metrics, and consistent messaging in all areas:
- Advertising (print, digital, radio)
- Social media
- Media relations & engagement.
- Help build and execute highly visible public relations campaigns, programs, and feature stories to continue to build the visibility of the Salt Lake City Arts Council.
- Monitor and report on analytics, and make suggestions for improving content, delivery strategy, and integration with website and other key initiatives.
- Maintain and update website as needed for SLCAC programs.
- Supplemental Graphics support where needed.
- Collaborate with the Economic Development Department, other City Agencies
- Serve as liaison with Economic Development Department Marketing and Communications staff, ensuring alignment and engagement wherever possible.
- Develop informational resources that help to inform other City departments about the goals and functionality of the SLCAC to strengthen relationships and build organizational reputation across the City.
- Develop and Coordinate Media Content & Sharing
- Maintain and build a stronger presence on all social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Expand strategic engagement with other social media, at the direction of the Assistant Director and in context with Marketing & Communications Plan.
- Develop & execute plan for capturing and creating content (photo & video) to be used for promotions of various SLCAC programs.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional projects related to event marketing and communications.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other groups, including but not limited to, marketing, brand management, content creation, design, social media, and events.
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting press releases, product messaging, proactive pitches, blog posts and advertising copy.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
- 2+ years’ experience with strategic marketing, advertising and public relations.
- Budget management experience required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient with all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal) required.
- Professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, positivity, and diplomacy).
- Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
- Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
- Knowledge in project management and teamwork.
- Interested applicants should email the required materials listed below to no later than September 26th. No calls please.
- Updated Resume (PDF format ONLY, please include active contact information)
- One page Cover Letter (PDF format ONLY)
- One Sample Press Release (PDF formal ONLY, Could be a sample from past work experience OR a fictional press release for an event of your choosing)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.