This funding is jointly offered by Utah Arts & Museums and the Salt Lake City Arts Council.

The Utah Individual Artist Emergency Funding is a resource dedicated to supporting working artists residing in Utah who have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Focused on lost income, these one-time relief funds of $500 will be provided to artists for as long as the fund can sustain requests. Funding will be made available for artists practicing in various disciplines including visual, digital, folk/traditional, film, music, performing, literary, craft artists, etc.

We are approaching this emergency funding with the assumption that artists who need these funds will seek them. We acknowledge that the funds are limited and that needs far exceed the funds available. We ask that if you are currently receiving or anticipate being approved for full-time unemployment benefits that you please yield to other applicants who may have a greater need.

This funding is available for working artists who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19:

– cancellation of events, performances, exhibitions, or other creative work

– you or a family member being diagnosed with COVID-19 and the required quarantine resulting in loss of work/income*

– disruption to work due to care for a dependent child as a result of child care or school cancellation*

If requests for funding exceed available funds, awarding of funds will be randomized; an effort will be made to make certain that funds reach into rural Utah as well as historically marginalized constituents.

* as outlined in the FFCRA Act

Timing/Due Date

Application Round 1: Opens Tuesday, April21st – Closes Tuesday, April 28th midnight Application Round 2: TBD

Eligibility Requirements

You must be able to positively affirm each of the following statements:

● I am a practicing artist able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to my work, career, and a public audience;

● I am experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic; ● I am 21 years of age or older;

● I am legally able to receive taxable income in the U.S. (e.g. citizen, green card holder, and/or permanent resident who can provide a W9 and SSN or ITIN)

● Utah is my primary residence;

● I have not previously been awarded relief from this fund.

● I am not a full-time student in a degree seeking program.