The Salt Lake Art Design Board announces a call for professional artists and/or artist-led teams residing in Utah a new public art commission to be integrated into McClelland Trail, a new pedestrian/bike project slated to be completed in Fall 2016.
The Salt Lake Art Design Board seeks aesthetically imaginative, site-specific, appropriately scaled artwork that will have a positive impact on and relationship to the McClelland Trail. This could include way-finding elements, seating, embedded or integrated work in the hardscape/landscape or singular sculptural works. Artists/teams are encouraged to be creative in design, color and material usage. Artists/teams are also encouraged to consider community involvement to inform their final artwork.
The proposed approach and final artwork should:
● Reflect the history of the Jordan & Salt Lake City Canal
● Acknowledge neighborhood characteristics
● Consider elements of nature and the environment in the artwork
● Enhance the trail users experience
● Meet public safety and maintenance requirements
● Be able to withstand Utah’s varied climate and require minimal maintenance