Invitation to Perform Eccles Theater Grand Opening Weekend
The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theater in downtown Salt Lake City will open to the public in October 2016. On Saturday, October 22, the Eccles Theater will hold an Open House and Arts Celebration from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Arts Council is proud to organize the varied, vibrant array of Utah performing artists who will be featured in this free public showcase. We hope you will want to be involved!
Interested artists should consider the following:
- All performing arts disciplines are invited to apply (music, choral, dance, cultural presentations, etc.)
- Most performances will be inside the theater at a variety of locations which may include: the Delta Performance Hall (a 2,500-seat theater), the Regent Street Theater (an intimate black box space), the rehearsal/warm-up room, the main floor lobby, and the fourth floor lobby. Additional opportunities may include the open-air Regent Street plaza, along Main street, and the mid-block walkway connecting Main Street with the plaza.
- A sound system and a qualified sound engineer will be provided as needed. Artists must provide all necessary instruments and backline equipment.
- Each performance will consist of as many as three 15 minute sets, with at least ten minutes in between each set.
Artists selected to perform at the Eccles Theater opening celebration will be awarded an honorarium. Artist contracts will be issued and payment for the performance will be made by check and mailed following the performance.
A review committee will be composed of Salt Lake City Arts Council staff members, Board and staff members of the Eccles Theater, and the Artistic Producers of the Grand Opening. The committee will review the applications and select the Eccles Theater Opening Celebration program participants based on the following criteria:
- Completed application
- Artistic quality
- Applicant availability
- Appropriate match between performer(s) and performance location
- The overall diversity of the lineup
Artists will receive notification of committee decisions in early September. Decisions of the committee will be final.
Please submit questions via email to email@example.com